So that we can continue to lead the way when it comes to offering rural clients the best service we can, we want to attract the best and brightest talent in to our business. The Ruralco Graduate Program is a challenging and rewarding way to kick-start a long-term career within the Australian Agricultural Sector.
Ruralco Graduate Program Overview
The Ruralco Graduate Program has been designed to develop future leaders for our business. Over the course of two years, Ruralco Graduates are exposed to diverse functions and unique businesses that will enable you to achieve future success.
The functions you will gain invaluable exposure can include:
• Supply Chain
• Finance and Analysis
• Procurement and Category Management
• Sales and Marketing
• Rural Retail and Merchandising
• Engineering Services
Graduates are provided with a thorough induction commencing with an orientation at our Sydney Corporate Head Office, where you will hear from senior leaders, receive industry specific training and meet fellow graduates.
During the two years, you will complete two to three rotations and will have the opportunity to see the experience you gain put in to practice as you contribute to the achievement of business strategies and projects.
During the program, you will be able to attend further training opportunities where you can develop your technical and soft skills relevant to the Group and expand your networks.
Masterclasses will be conducted by Ruralco employees and will cover such things as product knowledge, customer service and sales, health and safety, leadership, teamwork, business systems and personal skills.
Graduates will also attend networking events including agriculture conferences, on farm visits, crop walks and livestock sale yards.
You will be supported with a mentor to assist you throughout the program.
When do Applications take place?
We commence accepting applications from June for a January intake the following year. Successful applicants can commence earlier as part of an internship program.
Who should apply?
We are very excited to welcome driven, enthusiastic graduates with new ideas to join our business.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet the following criteria:
• You have graduated in the disciplines of Ag Science, Agribusiness, Commerce or Supply Chain in the year of or prior to intake
• Available to work full time when the graduate program starts in February
• Demonstrate strong communications skills, interpersonal skills, leadership qualities and energy
• Permanent Resident or an Australian/NZ citizen when you apply
• You are willing to relocate and/or travel interstate as part of the program
The Graduate Program Application Process
If you feel that Ruralco could be a good place for you to develop your career and you decide to apply, here's what you can expect from the rest of the process:
• Online Application: email your resume and cover letter
• Brief telephone interview with a current Ruralco HR team member
• Online video interview
• Face-to-face interview with the Rural Graduate program selection team
• Online aptitude assessment and personality profile
• Second interview (involving a sample work related task)
• Pre-employment medical assessment and background checks
• And finally, we'll check references and make verbal offers
Meet our 2016 Graduate Program Participants