Frequently Asked Questions

  • I have an investor related question, who should I contact?

    For investor queries, please contact

  • I have a procurement related question, who should I contact?

    For procurement related queries, please contact

  • I have a CRT related question, who should I contact?

    For CRT related queries, please contact

  • I have an employment related question, who should I contact?

    For employment or career related queries, please contact

  • What is the date and location for the next Annual General Meeting?

    When available, the dates and locations will be released to the ASX and published on our Events Calendar page.

  • When are your next financial results announced?

    When available, the dates will be published on our Events Calendar page.

  • What are the key dates for future dividends?

    Ruralco determines its interim dividend at the time of its interim results announcement (usually in May each year) and its final dividend at the time of its full-year results announcement (usually in November each year). For an indication of prospective record and payment dates, please refer to our Dividend Information page.

  • Why does the Scheme Implementation Deed include an indicative timetable in Schedule 2 stating the Scheme will be implemented in June 2019 but the letter to shareholders says the deal could take up to 6 months to complete?

    The indicative timetable included in the Scheme Implementation Deed Schedule 2 provides guidance to shareholders of the steps involved in implementing the Scheme. The dates included in this timetable are typical for a normal scheme to complete under the requirements of the Corporations Act. As set out in clauses 3.1 (a) and (b) of the Scheme Implementation Deed and in the letter to shareholders, completion of the transaction in this case is subject to Nutrien receiving approval from the ACCC and FIRB. The length of time it could take to receive approval is unknown but it is expected that it may take 3 to 5 months, delaying the date the Scheme Meeting could be held where Shareholders can vote to approve the transaction. In the meantime, Ruralco and Nutrien are working to complete the steps of the Scheme that can be completed pre-regulatory approval and further communications to Shareholders (including despatch of the Scheme Booklet) will be made as soon as they are available.

  • What is Ruralco’s dividend policy?

    Ruralco’s dividend policy seeks to balance the needs of shareholders and the business, with dividends declared reflective of the current and projected cash position, profit generation and available franking credits. The company aims to maintain a dividend payout ratio of between 40% an 60% of underlying earnings per share (EPS).

  • How does the Dividend Reinvestment Plan work?

    Ruralco operates a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP) whereby eligible shareholders can reinvest either all or part of their dividend payments into additional fully paid Ruralco shares.

    A DRP instruction remains in place until the shareholder makes a variation or cancellation. If Ruralco decides to suspend or cancel the DRP all shareholders’ instructions would be suspended and in this instance we would communicate to all shareholders in writing.

    For access to the form to instruct Computershare on whether you want to participate (either partially or in full) or to terminate your participation, and for further information regarding the DRP rules see the Dividend Information page.

  • What impact does the special dividend have on the offer price of $4.40, does it increase it or decrease it?

    The offer price of $4.40 will be reduced by the amount of the special dividend. For example, if the special dividend is 90 cents per share, the offer price will be $3.50 per share. If a shareholder holds Ruralco shares on the relevant record dates, they will receive $3.50 per share as consideration for the shares they hold PLUS a fully franked dividend from Ruralco of 90 cents per share at or about the same time. In addition, if you are a holder of Ruralco shares on the appropriate record date, you will also be eligible to receive a fully franked FY2019 interim dividend of up to 10 cents per share.

  • How can I check the current share price?

    The share price is available on the Current share price page.

  • How can I find out more information about my shares?

    The Ruralco share register is managed by Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited (Computershare).

    Computershare provides a number of services which can be accessed online. When accessing some information online you may be required to enter your Security Reference Number (SRN) or Holder Identification Number (HIN) as shown on your Issuer Sponsored/CHESS statements and other personal details such as your postcode.

    For more information please refer to our Shareholder Information page.

  • How do I buy or sell Ruralco shares?

    To buy Ruralco shares you must do so via a broker as Ruralco cannot sell shares directly to investors. If you wish to engage a broker to buy or sell Ruralco shares the ASX offers information on how to find a broker. Please refer to their website.

    If you wish to sell your shares (and you do not have a broker) you can go through Computershare (Ruralco’s share registry). Computershare offer a share sale facility to issuer sponsored shareholders (denoted by a Security Reference Number or SRN) who want to sell their entire shareholding.

    You can contact Computershare on or email to arrange for share sale forms to be mailed to your registered shareholder address. Computershare’s website also offers information about their . If you are sponsored by a participant (denoted by a Holder Identified Number or HIN) you will need to contact your sponsoring participant or broker.

    You should seek your own professional advice before deciding to buy or sell shares.